- Please carefully read and follow all instructions that come with our products. For example, any documents that help you use our products.
- ValueCiti shall return products or refund customers in accordance with Section 55 and 56 of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and our returns and refunds policy set out below.
- In summary of the following, should you receive a faulty or defective item, we endeavour to repair or replace the product as quickly as possible (if such repair is possible/ if we have the same product in stock with which to effect the replacement).
- If we are unable to repair or replace the product, we will credit your account with the purchased price of the product.
- A cash refund, in the same manner in which payment for the product was made, may be requested in lieu of store credit, if preferred.
- A defect is considered to be any material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
- The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle the customer to a return under this section 2:
- Faults arising from normal wear and tear
- Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- Damages arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- Damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product; and
- Where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose do not suit you.
- Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 (hereinafter referred to as the “ECT Act”) applies to your electronic transactions as a consumer.
- If you qualify as a “consumer” under the ECT Act, you are entitled to cancel certain electronic transactions within seven days of the placement of the order, without reason or penalty.
- Section 44 is only applicable if you are a natural person, furthermore the natural person must be the end user of the products.
- The transaction must be an electronic transaction – a transaction concluded via (in whole or in part) the website, email, or SMS.
RETURN OF PRODUCTS IN TERMS OF THE COOLING-OFF PERIOD
- All products must be returned in the same new condition, with all packaging and materials, warranty cards, manuals and accessories.
- We will exchange the purchase price of the products within three to five days of the date of being notified.
- Regrettably, we do not refund any shipping fees when applicable to a cooling-off period request.
- You are liable to ensure the product is returned to our main warehouse at your own cost.
OUR PRODUCT WARRANTY
- We warrant that all our products are new and of good quality, unless clearly described as used, reconditioned, or as having specific defects.
- Defective products are those products that had a defect, were defective or unsafe when supplied.
- A defect usually means that the product was manufactured using materials, components or workmanship below a standard acceptable to us at ValueCiti
- As the purchaser, you are required to prove the defectiveness or peril of the product.
- Please notify us within seven days of such delivery or collection of a defective product.
REFUNDS AND REIMBURSEMENTS
- Any customer who is classified as a “consumer” under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (hereinafter referred to as the “CPA”), may decide whether they require the product to be replaced or to be refunded for the defective product.
- The refund is on condition that the defective product is returned with all its accessories, parts and packaging that were sold with that product.
- Should the product not be returned as required, we are entitled to refuse the return, and as a substitute, only replace the item that was returned, alternatively to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and accordingly credit or refund the consumer for the returned item.
- In respect of other customers who do not fall within the ambit of the CPA, Valueciti will determine appropriate compensation in this regard in its discretion.
- Please note that all refunds will be done in the same method used for payment of the product, hence proof of such payment will be required.
INVALIDATION OF WARRANTIES
- Our products are very precise and are manufactured and repaired under strictly controlled conditions.
- For this reason, warranties on any of our products will be invalid if any person who is not suitably qualified has opened, tampered with or altered the products contrary to the instructions or removed any warranty label(s).
- This provision shall also apply to products found to be unsuitable.
- It can be construed as fraudulent behaviour to damage products deliberately and claim for a refund. In this regard, all our rights remain strictly reserved.
RETURN OF UNSUITABLE PRODUCTS
- A consumer must return unsuitable products to our main warehouse in Johannesburg, within ten business days of delivery, according to our returns and refunds procedure below.
- We will not cover costs associated with the return of defective or unsuitable products.
- The purchaser is responsible for the costs of the return.
- We will inspect the products to confirm their defectiveness, or in case of unsuitable opened products, that quantities used seem reasonable, before a return or reimbursement is processed.
OUR RETURNS AND REFUNDS PROCEDURE
- You must follow our returns and refunds procedure for returning defective or unsuitable products, or we reserve the right to refuse to accept them.
- A customer must return unsuitable products to our main warehouse in Johannesburg, within ten business days of delivery.
- We cannot offer exchanges, replacements or account credits on the following products, unless they are faulty or not as described: cosmetics, fragrances, and beauty products where the original packaging has been opened, or where the seal has been broken, and products which have been personalised for you or made to your specifications.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PRODUCTS PURCHASED IN OUR RETAIL STORES, CANNOT BE RETURNED VIA “VALUECITI.CO.ZA”, AND NEED TO BE HANDLED WITHIN THE RETAILER’S RETURN POLICIES. ONLY PRODUCTS PURCHASED ON VALUECITI.CO.ZA WILL BE CONSIDERED BY “VALUECITI.CO.ZA” FOR REFUND OR EXCHANGE.
Our returns and refunds procedure is as follows:
STEP ONE – Completing the Necessary Details.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order details. We will respond with immediate advice.
- If you are dissatisfied with the products delivered to you and want to apply for either a product exchange or a refund, kindly complete the Returns Note document with all the required information.
- Confirm your contact details, date of purchase, Order/Invoice Number, and all details of the physical products which you want to return, including how and why you believe the products are defective or unsuitable for your purpose.
- Email this completed document back to email@example.com We will confirm your Return Claim Number via email within one business day of receiving your claim.
- Any return of physical goods purchased on Valueciti.co.za will require a pre-authorisation to be issued by “Valueciti.co.za”.
- Authorisation will be issued by our Customer Care Centre, within 1 to 2 Business Days from the time of receiving your request.
- Once your return request has been approved, a Return Instruction will be communicated to you.
STEP 2 – Returning the Product.
- If the product(s) ordered and delivered are unsuitable, we will gladly assist you in validating which alternative product(s) may be more suited for you.
- Kindly note that we will only process refunds of product(s) if products returned to us are in the original condition, unopened, and in the original intact packaging.
- Once the “returned goods” have been received and inspected, will the refund be processed.
- Once we have received the package, we will notify you via email that we have received the physical products.
- In the event of the goods received not being in their original condition, we reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund.
- We will then contact you to notify you of the same. Alternative methods for reimbursement may also be considered.
- Any return of physical products must include all accessories and instructions, as well as all original packaging that is still available.
- If no packaging is available, please make sure the products are in protective packaging as we are not responsible for any damage in transit.
STEP 3 – Processing a Refund
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ONLY ACCEPT RETURNS IF WE ARE NOTIFIED WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS (2 WEEKS) OF THE DATE ON WHICH THE ORDER WAS DELIVERED.
- If you require a refund, we will refund the price paid by you for the goods (exclusive of the initial delivery charge) within thirty (30) days of receiving your returned goods, provided that you have returned the goods to us in their original condition at our distribution centre within our stipulated time frame of ten business days (2 weeks).
- Refunds will only be made via EFT into the verified bank account of the original purchasing customer after all finance checks have been performed.
- Until such goods are returned to us, you are obliged to exercise all reasonable care to store the unsuitable goods safely and in appropriate conditions.
- Please Note: We cannot accept returned goods that we reasonably believe have been used. For hygiene purposes we cannot accept and resell any goods that have been tampered with or used in any way. In such circumstances, we will notify you that no refund will be available, and you will be responsible for arranging for such goods to be returned to you within 28 (twenty-eight) calendar days of our notification.
- As a Customer, you are entitled to apply for a refund if you believe products delivered are unsuitable (as stated in Clause 9), or if products are defective (as stated in Clause 6), or if you decide to invoke a cooling-off period (as stated in Clause 3).
- In either case, you need to communicate to us in writing, with reasons as to why you believe the products are unsuitable, or notify us of your intent to exercise a cooling-off period.
- Processing of a refund claim will only take place once “ValueCiti” has received the returned goods and been able to inspect the products
- If you claim that our products are defective, our technicians will examine the products for defects. They will report to us whether the products were defective, were misused or are of good quality.
- If you claim that our products are unsuitable for your purpose, we will first investigate whether you communicated the purpose to us.
- If you did, we will then provide you with a written report indicating whether we believe the products were unsuitable for your specific purpose or not.
- If you returned the products within the seven day cooling-off period and our technician reports that the products were defective, were provided to you for your specific purpose and were unsuitable for that purpose, then we will either contact you and ask you whether you would like us to replace or refund the price of the products (if you are also a consumer under the CPA) or advise you how we have decided to compensate you (if you are not a consumer under the CPA).
- If the products were returned outside the seven-day cooling-off period, or our technician reports that the products were misused, were of good quality, were not provided to you for a specific purpose or were suitable for that purpose, then and in such instances, we will not replace or refund the products.
- Our customer services department may tell you that they do not believe you have a claim, for example because the warranty period of the products has expired. In this case, we may refuse to replace products or refuse to pay a refund. If you choose for us to replace the products or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to organise the necessary steps to repair or replace the products.
- If you choose for us to make a refund or we decide to do so ourselves, we will contact you and arrange payment of the refunded amount into the verified bank account of the original purchaser, within 30 days of cancellation.
- When your order arrives, please inspect the carton for any damage that may have occurred during shipment. It is normal for the shipping carton to show some wear, however, if damage occurred to the item(s) in your shipment, please contact us immediately. Please provide the order number along with your email address and phone number for fastest service. To assure prompt resolution, please ensure you retain the shipping box, packing materials and the damaged items for inspection by the carrier.
- If we do not accept that we supplied defective or unsuitable products, and our customer services department has not been able to help, any customer may still take the matter up with a suitable ombud or other dispute resolution body or take legal action. The dispute resolution procedures under the CPA do not necessarily apply to all transactions with us. This policy does not exclude any other rights customers may have.
OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT CONTACT DETAILS
- Our customers can contact our service department as follows: