ValueCiti and its subsidiaries believe that your personal information is your most valuable asset and that it should be protected. We shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of customers in accordance with the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2002.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- This policy explains what information we collect when you use ValueCiti’ sites, services, mobile applications, products and content. Therefore, we may ask you for personal information, such as your name, identity number, telephone numbers and email address. Our aim is not just to comply with privacy law.
- ValueCiti only collects and processes personal information that is reasonably necessary for its business functions and activities which include but are not limited to online purchases and visiting our website.
- ValueCiti may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
- When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”.
- A cookie is an alphanumeric identifier which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again and to improve our service to you.
- Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently.
- This information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier.
- We do not monitor which pages you looked at while visiting our website.
- In order to register for certain services, or to enter competitions, or promotions offered through our website from, time to time, we may also collect relevant personal information. We will use such information to provide these services to you. We may also use such information for its own internal purposes including:
- Establishing and verifying your identity;
- Maintaining and updating our customer databases; and
- Marketing, product research and development purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use the personal information that we collect from you as follows:
- In the normal course of business to administer your account
- To administer the Rewards and loyalty programme
- To communicate special offers and discounts to you
- If you consented, to contact you about special offers from us; and
- To maintain the special offers you have taken up with us.
- ValueCiti.co.za has the best physical, technological and procedural security safeguards in place, which guarantee the safety of your personal information.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information that we have will be treated as confidential and will not be shared with any third parties unless you have permitted us to do so, or we are required to do so by law; or
- We need to share it with our service providers.
- If you’d like us to delete and destroy any of your personal information we will do so.
- You may request that we amend or update your personal information at any time.
- If you request copies of documents containing your personal information, you may have to pay a reasonable fee.
- We can refuse to disclose certain information to you or refuse to provide you with documents in accordance with the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000.
From time to time, we may amend this Privacy Statement.